Monday 11 August 2014

Slaley Show

This post is a short interlude from writing about my visit to Wales last week. We timed our Welsh holiday so that we could be back in time to go to the Slaley Agricultural Show in Northumberland. I had a number of entries in the jam, honey and fruit liqueur sections. It was also the first time I had been to this show. Despite rain overnight, thankfully we had a sunny, though breezy day.

The show has sheep, horse and dog sections and for kids, there was a pets competition. Whilst there is a focus on agricultural matters, this is a show those not into food production or rural pursuits would also enjoy.

And now for some photos of the day (I recorded some video as well but I'll post the finished version once I've done the edit).















If you are interested, I did win first prizes for my honey, fruit liqueur and rhubarb and blackcurrant jam!

More photos of the event can be viewed on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment