Tuesday 30 September 2014

Eating out in Crystal Palace



The Triangle is in the centre of Crystal Palace. It consists of three roads and is populated with shops and restaurants. There is a wide variety of food nationalities here so there's plenty of choice. Today however we headed to an establishment which, I guess, can be described as providing English food. Westow House is a pub at the top of Anerley Hill. I've not visited it often in the past but today it was our venue for lunch.



I had the the Hereford beef burger. Very good quality. The chips were freshly made (from real potatoes!) rather than deep fried from frozen. The difference is noticable.

The food was not cheap but I am not used to London prices. And whilst the portions were a bit smaller than I would have liked, the quality was superb. Westow House is definitely on my recommended list.



Afterwards we headed off to the Sparrowhawk, still on the Triangle, and paid London prices for cider. It is a pub/wine bar/cocktail bar cross. It seemed to be popular with young mothers.



No comments:

Post a Comment