Monday 24 November 2014

Lunch at Heworth Golf Club



I was the guest speaker at a lunch at the Heworth Gold Club in Gateshead on Saturday. The last time I had a meal at a golf club was in 2001 at the Nuwara Eliya club in Sri Lanka. Then it was a very colonial style afternoon tea with cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and scones and cream. On Saturday it was a two course lunch. I spoke before the lunch and it seems I did not put anyone off their food!



In the UK there is always a danger that vegetables in restaurants are overcooked. At Heworth they were cooked as they should be, not turned into mush. I had roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and veg followed by lemon cheesecake. A good meal. One to be recommended (though I think to eat there you need to be the guest of a member.)

No comments:

Post a Comment