Monday 30 March 2015

The Britannia Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool





Earlier this month I was at a conference in Liverpool over a weekend and therefore needed hotel accommodation for two nights. I opted for the Britannia Adelphi which, for me, came with the incredibly useful point of being only a stone's throw from Lime Street Station.



At £80 a night (and that was the discounted conference rate), it was not cheap, though it came in below the charges for the other big hotels in the city catering for conference delegates.



The hotel can best be described as faded grandeur. It is a bit jaded at the edges. Nevertheless, the stay there was not unpleasant. I had previously stayed in the Adelphi but that was over 20 years ago and my lasting memory of it was of long corridors. That hasn't changed!







I had a double room to myself. The floor space was tight but adequate.





Sitting arrangements for breakfast were tight. The food however was reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment